Take a look at our most current bulletins (Online readable format!) here.
Looking for our regular Mass times, or for a particular feast day Mass? Click here.
Looking for a past article. Browse our list of Archives here.
Every parishioner can experience hundreds of hours of:
- Viewing (over 300 episodes or video programs)
- Movies (Dozens of feature-length movies that are faith-encouraging for you and your family.
- Reading (ebooks from top Catholic publishers) and
- Listening - Hear your favorite Catholic speakers addressing the many topics you care about in over 40 hoursof audio content.
HOW TO ACCESS FORMED
- Go to internet and enter formed.org
- Click on LOGIN (top right corner)
- Type in email@example.com (Email) and formed (Password)
- Click on Submit
Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year C – August 21, 2016
Though today’s Gospel (Luke 13:22-30) may well be a loose collection of Jesus’ sayings – uttered in several different contexts but brought together here under the general heading “Who will be saved?” – the overall tone of Jesus’ meaning is clear: the Good News is offered “whole and entire” and must be accepted in the same way.
Jesus’ words follow the parables of the Kingdom (Luke 13:18-21), stressing that great effort is required for entrance into the Kingdom (13:24) and that there is an urgency to accept the present opportunity to enter, because the narrow door will not remain open indefinitely (13:25).
Behind these sayings is the rejection of Jesus and his message by his Jewish contemporaries (13:26), whose p...